Bernie Messer – Special Counsel
Bernie Messer brings to the firm an invaluable amount of experience and knowledge in civil litigation and in planning, development and local authority law. He has acted over many years for both public and private institutions, predominantly in litigious areas of legal practice.
He is also experienced in advising major institutional clients on issues of discrimination, natural justice, freedom of information and administrative obligations and remedies.
Areas of Specific Interest
- Civil Litigation
- Planning and Environment
- Local Government Law
- Professional Negligence
- Judicial Review
- Statutory Interpretation
- Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University, 1972
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, 1972
- Member, North Queensland Medico-Legal Society
- Member, Insurance Law Association of Australia
- Honorary Solicitor & past Secretary, Townsville Senior Citizens’ Welfare Association
- Honorary Secretary, Spinal Injuries Association North Queensland Supporters Group