Derek Goodhew – Family Law Solicitor
Family Law Solicitor
Derek joined Roberts Nehmer McKee in January 2018.
Derek was born and bred in Townsville and attended Ignatius Park College before going onto study at James Cook University. Derek started his legal practice in Innisfail before returning to Townsville. For over nine years Derek practiced at a local firm with offices in Townsville and Ayr.
Derek has practiced in most areas of the law including, conveyancing, (both residential and commercial), leasing, estate planning, crime, general litigation and general legal practice. His primary area of practice, however, has always been in family law. Derek has a passion in providing a holistic approach to his client’s legal issues to ensure that his client’s obtain the best outcome for themselves and their children.
Derek is a Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner. Derek has been on the Legal Aid Queensland Family Dispute Resolution Panel for a number of years.
- Bachelor of Laws, James Cook University, 2003
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, Griffith University, 2003
- Admission to the Supreme Court of Queensland on 2 February 2004
- Admission to the High court of Australia on 27 May 2004
- Accredited Mediator
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner
- Law Council of Australia – Family Law Section
- Queensland Law Society
- Queensland Family Law Practitioner’s Association
- Child Protection Practitioners Association of Queensland
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators
- Townsville District Law Association
- North Queensland Law Association