Donna Chown – Senior Associate
Donna Chown LLB (HONS)
Donna Chown joined Roberts Nehmer McKee Lawyers in October 2017, practising in our Commercial Services Team.
Donna has a passion for succession law including all areas of Estate Planning, Estate Administration, asset protection and structuring. Donna prides herself on providing her clients with holistic estate planning advice and structuring solutions in this increasingly complex are of law. Donna particularly enjoys advising on estate planning and estate administration matters involving blended families, companies, trusts and superannuation (including self-managed superannuation funds) and working collaboratively with her clients and their advisors to ensure the transfer and protection of wealth occurs in a tax effective manner.
Donna can provide advice and assist with preparation of Wills (including Wills with Testamentary Discretionary Trusts), Superannuation, Enduring Powers of Attorney, General Powers of Attorney, Advance Health Directives, Letters of Wishes, Granny Flat Arrangements, Tenants in Common Agreements, incorporation of companies, Trust settlements and variations. Donna also supervises our busy Estate Administration Team and she strives to ensure that following the death of a loved one, her clients feel comfortable with the estate administration process and are able to focus on grieving during this difficult time.
Areas of Specific Interest
- Personal Estate Planning
- Estate Administration
- Asset Protection
- Trust Law
Qualifications and Affiliations
- Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice, Australian National University, 2014
- Bachelor of Laws (with Honours), James Cook University, 2014
- Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, 2014
- Solicitor of the High Court of Australia, 2015
- Current Member – Queensland Law Society
- Current Member and past Committee Member – Townsville District Law Association
- President/Executive Committee Member, North Queensland Women’s Legal Service
- Member, Family Law Practitioners Association (Qld)
- Member, Townsville Community Legal Service/Townsville Business Women’s Network
- Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist, Family Law, 2001
- Board Member – Southern Cross Catholic College