Kerrie Dixon – Family Law Specialist Consultant
Kerrie Dixon LLB ACC. SPEC.(FAM)
Kerrie Dixon began legal practice in general litigation, criminal law and family law. She has developed a particular expertise in family law and has one of the largest practices in North Queensland in this area. She was accredited as a family law specialist in 2001 by the Queensland Law Society.
Kerrie is an accredited Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner and is available to conduct mediations in relation to both property and parenting matters, and is certified to issue s60I certificates on parenting matters.
She has also lectured/tutored in family law and contract law at James Cook University.
Areas of Specific Interest
- Family Law (including de facto relationships)
- Child Support
- Binding Family Agreements
- Bachelor of Laws, James Cook University
- Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice, Queensland University of Technology, 1995
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Queensland, 1995
- Admitted as a Solicitor of the High Court of Australia, 1995
- President/Executive Committee Member, North Queensland Women’s Legal Service
- Member, Family Law Practitioners Association (Qld)
- Member, Townsville Community Legal Service/Townsville Business Women’s Network
- Queensland Law Society Accredited Specialist, Family Law, 2001
- Volunteer Legal Adviser and Executive Committee member of Executive Committee, North Queensland Women’s Legal Service